- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Apple brined, slow-roasted, butternut squash puree, sauteed kale, lemon pesto.
Roasted Salmon: Prep time 10-15 minutes
- Please note that the salmon is already cooked to the medium rare stage and just needs to be reheated. The butternut squash puree and the sautéed kale are vacuum sealed and can be reheated in one of three ways:
- Both either be reheated in the microwave in the bags in one-minute intervals on high heat until hot.
- Both can be removed from the bags and reheated in a nonstick pan over medium heat until hot.
- Both the bags can be placed in a pot of barely simmering water for 6 to 7 minutes until hot.
- If using a pan, you can heat the squash and kale in the same pan putting them on opposite sides of the pan.
- To reheat the salmon, you can use a nonstick pan or the oven. First, remove the salmon from the vacuum bag and blot dry with paper towels. If using a pan, place the provided extra virgin olive oil and butter in the pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter melts and is bubbly, put the salmon piece(s) in the pan, bone side down.
- Allow to cook for 4 to 5 minutes the flip the piece(s) over and allow to cook for one additional minute.
- If using the oven, preheat it to 400 degrees. Cover a sheet pan with foil and spray the foil with pan spray.
- Put the salmon on the sheet pan, skin side down, spacing them apart if you have more than one piece.
- Drizzle the top of the pieces with the provided extra virgin olive oil and place in the oven. Cook the salmon for 5 to 6 minutes until warmed through.
- If you would like the salmon cooked up to medium, medium well, or well done, increase the cooking time, either in the pan or the oven, by an additional minute for each level of doneness.
- Once everything is heated, spoon the squash puree onto the center of a dinner plate. Place the kale on top of the puree, flattening it a bit to serve as a base for the salmon.
- Put the salmon fillet on top of the kale and spoon the lemon pesto on top of the salmon and spoon some on the plate around the squash.